Since I´m moving out of here soon, I just wanted to show off the last two parts of the hostel, my favorite parts. If you don´t know why I´m moving out, read the post I wrote just before this one.
First, Yanapay, the hostel dog.
Por Favor, quiero algo de su pan con miel, Guillermito. Por favor.
Autumn is that you?
As an interlude, one of the millions of Tiendas in Cusco that have no names. You can buy almost anything, but nothing can be sold cold. Not even milk. This is the one closest to the hostel, and the one I most frequent:
And now the best part.
The view directly outside my room.
Montañas from the balcony
The cusqueñan flag is a rainbow...
You can´t get used to the mountains.
One last time outside my room.
Up next, my insane weekend of Carnival.
Turns out it´s a lot harder to keep up with this blog on weeks when I´m volunteering. Not to mention an onslaught of goodbye and birthday parties. So here is some easy to consume updatage:
- Life continues to be tranquilo y divertido.
- During one of aforementioned goodbye parties, I dropped my memory card to my camera, containing 200 picutres of my trip to Puno and Lake Titicaca, in the street.
- Walking home one morning, I found the memory card wedged between two cobblestones in the street. Before I could bend to pick it up, a taxi drove over it.
- I retrieved the memory card, which appeared unharmed, but apprently suffered some internal injury that can only be cured in the US.
- Hence, I´ve decided to keep both the pictures and the post about my trip to Puno on hold, which will also facilitate in making this bloggy more up to date.
- I have made a Peruvian friend at a bar called The Muse, mostly a gringo joint, and he has asked me to help him work behind the bar on nights when he´s the only one working. I did it once already, and I´m doing it tonight. It´s fun, because when someone orders a vodka-mango, I get to slice up an entire mango and blend it in a blender. The mangos here are like none others I have ever tried.
- I am moving, once again, out of the hostel and into an apartment with Kyle and Diana, the couple I traveled with the Puno who are getting married, and a girl named Laura, who will be going to Buenos Aires with me in April. The apartment is private, has hot showers all the time, is closer to the center of downtown, and half the price of what I´m paying now.
- On the first day of April, when my apartment lease runs out, I will be traveling (on what medium is yet to be decided) to Buenos Aires with a few other people, some of whom are also yet to be decided.
- I will staying Buenos Aires for one and a half weeks, and then will be taking an 18 hour bus ride down to Patagonia to see Penguins, Glaciers and the end of the earth.
- After that, I will return to Lima where I will board a plane on April 22nd, and return back to the land of the freeish, The United States.
- Los Angeles to be specific. Perhaps another trip to Disney Land. Then eventually, somehow, back to Portland, Maine where I will rejoin the working force and attempt to figure out yet another way to avoid paying off my loans in full and staying in the same place.
Posted in Blurbles, Buenos Aires, Into Peru, Travel Tracker
Tagged Argentina, Buenos Aires, Cusco, Maine, Memory Cards, peru, Travel, Update