Anyone wanna gay marry me?
Cause if you’re a dude, we can! As of a few minutes ago, my home state, Maine, The Way Life Should Be, has legalized gay marriage. Passed by the senate and then the house yesterday, honorable Gov. Baldacci had 10 days to sign the bill to make it legal. As a Governor who has oddly previously opposed gay marriage but has been a constant champion for civil rights signed it in one day. You go, boy. You’re looking sexier than ever, Mr. B.
I hope this is an indication of what this all really seems to be: a domino effect. There’s less and less point in resisting, I think once the first few blocks have fallen, the rest will tumble. Here’s a short little playlist to listen to today if you are in Maine, enjoy Maine, or are secretly planning on gay marrying me some day.
1. Gay Messiah- Rufus Wainwright
2. I Kissed A Girl- Krappy Perry
3. More Adventurous- Rilo Kiley (you listen carefully, it could be about gay marriage)
4. All The Girls Love Alice- Elton John
5. Twist And Shout- The Beatles
6. Iowa- Dar Williams
7. I Will Survive- (your choice, I recommend Cake’s version)
8. Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
9. California (Here We Come [again])- Phantom Planet
10. D.A.N.C.E.- Justus
11. The Book of Love- Magnetic Fields
12. We Run This- Missy Elliot
13. Crazy Little Thing Called Love- Queen
Enjoy! Ask me if you quesiton one of these choices, or write in your own!